Saturday, December 08, 2007

the wedding

Finally the day arrived when I was allowed to wear my pretty pink dress that has been hanging in my cupboard for what seemed like forever. Today my friends Darren and Bec got married at their wedding. It was a very very exicting day starting with Darren coming over to our house to play with Zach and I (in between getting ready for his wedding that is) and it finished with Amanda playing hair dressers and make up with me before bed because mum and dad had both gone back out to the "grown up" part of the wedding. Now to fill you in on all the fun stuff in between.. After a crazy ride to the wedding (mum was running late!) and making our way down all the stairs with Zach in the pram we finally arrived, luckily before Bec did. Bec wore a very pretty pink dress (but not quite as pretty as mine - hers didn't have any flowers on it) and Darren and my Daddy wore suits and ties. I was quite hot in my dress so I imagine that Daddy was very very warm in his suit. Anyway, after a reading by my mum, a reference to me in the ceremony and some talking by Darren and Bec the lady up the front told Darren and Bec that they were now married and that they were allowed to KISS!!! Everyone clapped - it must have been a very special kiss! After some photos, a snack and a run around it was already time to go so we headed back to the car, with a detour to the park on the way of course..

I hope that Darren and Bec had as much fun as I did for their wedding. Now I just have to wait until they get back home to see the photos both from the wedding and their terribly romantic holiday overseas.

Amelia xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you got to the wedding on time if only just. We will look forward to seeing lots and lots of photos. Nan and Pop.

Anonymous said...

Amelia, Nan and Pop have just found all these lovely photos on your blog so had to add a bit more and tell you we love your pink dress. You looked soooooo pretty.
It was a lovely wedding. N & P